Re: ‘I’d love to learn Urdu’

Postby hera » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:00 pm

jaan07 wrote:
hera wrote:
jaan07 wrote:
hera wrote:
jaan07 wrote:
shehani wrote:By BIPIN DANI

Jaipur, July 16: Newly appointed Pakistan coach Geoff Lawson had a hard time containing his excitement over his new job. "‘You are our coach,’ a PCB official called to tell me," Lawson said when contactced in Australia. "My wife (Julie) too is excited with this offer," he added.

Lawson, though, is not likely to shift to Pakistan. "My wife works at the university and my son Ben is a studying and therefore I will not move with family to Lahore," he said.

The first thing the new Pakistan coach may do on reaching Lahore, a few weeks from now, would be to buy a few books to help help him learn Urdu.

"Yes, that is a possibility. But language should not be a problem with my interaction with the players. Quite a few Pakistani players play for English counties and can easily understand what we discuss," he said.

Lawson is aware of reports about players embracing Islam which had affected their performance on the field. Apparently, he had discussed this with PCB officials during his interview last month.

However, the other candidate for the post — Dav Whatmore — did not show any signs of disappointment over the PCB’s decision to not give him the job. "That is life. What can one say...," he said from Australia.

"I am enjoying a vacation with my family at a friend’s home," he added.

I would like to learn to write in Urdu..n read also...its really cool bcoz u have to write backward...

its too difficult jaan , bet i would teach u if i COULD 8)

not now..I hardly get anytime..may b next time..thank u yaar...

ohhh. i can see , u dont post with that whim now, neway, urdu is most intricate language on this planet - and y thanks? i havent done u any favour as yet :P

I am thanking u 4 considering in teaching me....

okay okay your humbleness! 8)
thankyou!

jaan07

Postby jaan07 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:35 am

hera wrote:
jaan07 wrote:
hera wrote:
jaan07 wrote:
hera wrote:
jaan07 wrote:
shehani wrote:By BIPIN DANI

Jaipur, July 16: Newly appointed Pakistan coach Geoff Lawson had a hard time containing his excitement over his new job. "‘You are our coach,’ a PCB official called to tell me," Lawson said when contactced in Australia. "My wife (Julie) too is excited with this offer," he added.

Lawson, though, is not likely to shift to Pakistan. "My wife works at the university and my son Ben is a studying and therefore I will not move with family to Lahore," he said.

The first thing the new Pakistan coach may do on reaching Lahore, a few weeks from now, would be to buy a few books to help help him learn Urdu.

"Yes, that is a possibility. But language should not be a problem with my interaction with the players. Quite a few Pakistani players play for English counties and can easily understand what we discuss," he said.

Lawson is aware of reports about players embracing Islam which had affected their performance on the field. Apparently, he had discussed this with PCB officials during his interview last month.

However, the other candidate for the post — Dav Whatmore — did not show any signs of disappointment over the PCB’s decision to not give him the job. "That is life. What can one say...," he said from Australia.

"I am enjoying a vacation with my family at a friend’s home," he added.

I would like to learn to write in Urdu..n read also...its really cool bcoz u have to write backward...

its too difficult jaan , bet i would teach u if i COULD 8)

not now..I hardly get anytime..may b next time..thank u yaar...

ohhh. i can see , u dont post with that whim now, neway, urdu is most intricate language on this planet - and y thanks? i havent done u any favour as yet :P

I am thanking u 4 considering in teaching me....

okay okay your humbleness! 8)

:lol:
“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”

JFthunder1

Postby JFthunder1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:35 am

Nice forum :)

Return to “Cricket talk”